Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fire damages rural home

United Fire and Rescue Department was called to a residence in the Town of Eau Galle on Tuesday, June 17 when a neighbor reported smoke coming from the home.

According to Baldwin Station Chief Gary Newton, a home owned by Xia Lee at 2366 50th Avenue suffered extensive damage from the fire and smoke. Newton said no one was home at the time of the fire and no cause has been determined. Firefighters remained on the scene about two hours, Newton added.